Monday, October 6, 2008

Santana Wants to be Priest

Carlos Santana says he’s going to become a priest in Maui, Hawaii in the next few years. The rock legend tells Rolling Stone magazine that religion helped him through last year’s divorce. He’s currently on tour, promoting his two-disc album Multi-Dimensional Warrior. The compilation of Santana songs from his 40-year career hits store shelves a week from tomorrow.

He says, "I'm not sick of what I do, but I find that God gave me the gift of communication even without my guitar and with the ability to get people unstuck with certain sections of the Bible having to do with guilt, shame, judgment and fear. The God of that stuff is retarded, demented and not real. The real God is beauty, grace, dignity and unconditional love. And I'm the kind of motivator who can motivate people to believe that what I'm saying is good for them. It's like my manager Bill Graham once said to me: 'Carlos, you have to accept that your music is very sensual and stop apologizing for it. People want to have sex to your music, and that's just the way that it is.' And once I accepted that, I wasn't so much in conflict with my Catholic upbringing and thinking it was dirty or against God to have an erection."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We kno e are bit latein responding.Apology.This is probably one of the wisest decisions of Carlos. We would all love to see this path Carlos. One of the opportunity that you would not like to miss is to travel once through India before you actually choose this religious path. Some of the inroads have been shown in this path in this part of the world ... nobody could explain why..From Buddha to Dalai Lama everybody charted this path. We would love to have you here Carlos once to support on this from the bottom of our 1 billion Hearts.