Sunday, September 7, 2008

Biden on Abortion

"It's a personal and private issue. For me, as a Roman Catholic, I'm prepared to accept the teachings of my church. I'm prepared as a matter of faith to accept that life begins at the moment of conception. But that is my judgment. For me to impose that judgment on everyone else who is equally and maybe even more devout than I am seems to me is inappropriate in a pluralistic society."

"Back in 'Summa Theologia' when Thomas Aquinas wrote "Summa Theologia," he said there was no--it didn't occur until quickening, 40 days after conception. How am I going out and tell you, if you or anyone else that you must insist upon my view that is based on a matter of faith? And that's the reason I haven't. This is a matter between a person's God, however they believe in God, their doctor and themselves."

Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden on Meet the Press

No comments: