Thursday, May 26, 2011

Oprah's God Comments

Oprah’s final TV show included some religious comments from the daytime host. She credited the success of her show to her Harpo team and to Jesus, “because nothing but the hand of God has made this possible... For all of you who get riled up when I mention God and you want to know which God am I talking about, I’m talking about the same one you’re talking about. I’m talking about the Alpha and Omega, the omniscient, the omnipresent, the ultimate consciousness, the source, the force, the all of everything there is, the one, the only G-O-D. That’s the one I’m talking about. Be still and know it. You can acknowledge it or not, you can worship it or not. You can praise it, you can ignore it or you can know it. It’s always there, speaking to you, waiting for you to listen. ... I wait and I listen for the guidance that is greater than my meager mind. The only time I’ve made mistakes is when I didn’t listen. So what I know is, God is love. And God is life. And your life is always speaking to you.”

No comments: