Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lady GaGa and Judas

In the newest single from Lady GaGa, the pop artist sings about her love of the diciple that betrayed Jesus. She tells interviewers that the track titled Judas is about “falling in love with the wrong man over and over again. It’s about constantly walking towards the light in my life, but always clutching onto the light while peering towards the devil in the back. I sing about what a holy fool I am, and that although moments in my life are so cruel and relationships can be so cruel I’m still in love with Judas. I still go back again to those evil things.”

Among the lyrics:
“When he comes to me, I am ready. I’ll wash his feet with my hair if he needs, forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain. Even after three times he betrays me, I’ll bring him down, a king with no crown.”
She was raised a Roman Catholic and attended an all-girl private Catholic school and now believes "God comes in many forms." Lady GaGa once told CNN's Larry King, "I’m quite a religious woman that is very confused about religion."

No comments: