Friday, February 11, 2011

Chuck Smith Stirs Controversy Over Abortion

Chuck Smith, founder of Calvary Chapel, is being criticized by some anti-abortion activists for his advice to a pregnant women during his Pastor's Perspective call-in radio program. Doctors told her that she has conjoined twins who are not likely to survive. Smith advised her to consider an abortion. He told the listening audience: "I am totally opposed to abortion. I believe it is a great sin. I do believe that the 50-plus million children that have been aborted in the United State since the Roe verses Wade is one of the greatest sins of America, and I think that we're going to be judged for it. I do not believe in abortion as it is being practiced today. However, there can be extenuating circumstances.." Operation rescue immediately released a press release criticizing Smith. There is a link to the call here.

No comments: