Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ted Williams' Mom: "God Has Answered My Prayer"

The homeless man with the amazing voice found begging on the side of an Interstate highway ramp says he was going to write "another year wasted" in a date planning books that someone gave him. But Ted Williams told interviewers it turned out to not be a wasted year because he "found God." Williams story went viral after a video of him showed up on YouTube (more than 3 million hits). Despite job offers and other gifts from well-wishers, Williams says his biggest wish was to be reunited with his 90 year old mother, whom he hasn't seen in more than a decade. He says, "One of my biggest prayers is that she would live long enough to see me rebound.." She told reporters "God has answered my prayer. I prayed that I would live to see this time when he would do well." Not only have the two been reunited, the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association called to offer Ted a job. Here's an emotional interview he had with CBS news.

No comments: