Thursday, December 2, 2010

McCartney Apologizes

Bill McCartney is apologizing for referring to homosexuality as "an abomination against almighty God." The Former University of Colorado coach and founder of Promise Keepers is once again up for the head football position. Some have opposed hiring him because of his comments. The 70-year-old McCartney announced that he would like to return to the job he held from 1982 to 1994. McCartney now says:
"The Bible says the whole gospel is found in the first two commandments, and those commandments are love God and love your neighbor as yourself. What I regret is that I did not communicate that. I didn't communicate that well that day, and I regret that. I ask the forgiveness of anyone who thinks I judged them or look down on them. I don't."
School administrators fired Dan Hawkins from the coaching position last month.

No comments: