Friday, October 22, 2010

Brett Favre's Wife

The wife of quarterback Brett Favre says she's relying on verses from Isaiah to keep her going during the scandal involving her husband reportedly sending sexually explicit emails. Deanna Favre has a new book out called The Cure for the Chronic Life. She told Good Morning America, "I'm a woman of faith And faith has gotten me through many difficult struggles. It will get me through this one." She has put the versese from Isaiah 41:9-14 on her refrigerator, which reminds her not to be afraid. Her book is co-authored Florida megachurch pastor Shane Stanford and talks about Deanna Favre's struggle with breast cancer, her husband's prescription drug addiction and marriage problems. She says:
I think we always see the way out. Our strength obviously comes from God. We see the better way. People who don't have faith, I think they just get stuck; they don't see a way out. In the book, I hope we can lead those people maybe to Christ. They'll realize there's more to life. There's a better life, and God has a purpose and a plan for them and (can) provide hope.

No comments: