Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Alice Cooper Canceled

The owners of an arena in Finland has canceled a concert appearance by Alice Cooper. The veteran rocker was supposed to play at Tampere Areena Oy in December.

The managing director of the arena says his venue does not “arrange concerts where Satanism or non-god-worshipping occurs."


Cooper is a practicing Christian who is quoted in Cross Rhythms magazine as saying:
“As a Christian, I don't declare myself as a 'Christian rock star.' I'm a rock performer who's a Christian. Alice Cooper is the guy who wants to entertain the audience - it happens that he's a Christian. Alice (the character I play on stage) began life as a villain and he remains one. Alice is no more dangerous than a villain in a cartoon or a Disney film. We have fun with him. He snarls
and wears make up. I get right-wing Christians down on me and I always ask them the question: 'If I was doing Macbeth, would it be OK?'”

No comments: