Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Miss Cali Keeps Title

Carrie Prejean will keep her Miss California title. She stirred controversy a couple of weeks ago with her answer to a question about gay marriage at the Miss USA pageant. She was first runner-up. But her comments against same-sex marriage lead the Miss California organization consider appointing a possible replacement for her. Despite more racy photos of her showing up on the internet, Donald Trump, who owns the pageant, told reporters this morning Prejean will keep her title. She said some of the photos were not supposed to be published and some were photo shopped.

Prejean told James Dobson on his daily Focus on the Family program the issue is a spiritual battle:
"I just knew at that moment that God was just telling me "Carrie, how bad do you want this? Are you willing to compromise your beliefs for a one year crown of Miss USA.. And (after speaking against gay marriage) I knew there was no way I was going to win Miss USA. No way.. I felt as though Satan was trying to tempt me in asking me this question."

No comments: