Saturday, April 18, 2009

Susan Boyle

When Susan Boyle hit the stage at Britain's Got Talent, audience members rolled their eyes. But the skepticism melted when the 47-year-old began to sing. Father Basil Clark, dean of the district that covers her village in Scotland, told Catholic News Service Boyle has a learning disability that has left her unemployed. But she’s a churchgoing Catholic who’s life revolves around her family and her parish. Clark says she is a "very gentle and very caring" woman of “great faith” and "When I watched the judges' faces it reminded me of what I was like when I first saw Susan singing -- absolutely blown away by the quality of the singing and by that fantastic voice.. I think it's great at one level. It might just be the thing that will make her, but she is a very vulnerable person and it could be quite difficult. Here's the video of her appearance on the show.

No comments: