Wednesday, March 26, 2008

OBAMA TALKS ABOUT HIS FAITH

Senator Barack Obama took time to defend his longtime pastor, Jeremiah Wright today. He told a crowd in Charlotte, North Carolina, “In the last couple of weeks my church became a source of controversy.. My pastor did say, my former pastor said some very objectionable things when I was not in church on those days… they find five or six of his most offensive statements and boil them down onto a 30-second recording and replay them over and over on television.”

At a town hall-style meeting Obama was asked about the role that Jesus played in his life. The presidential candidate said, “I’m a Christian. What that means for me is that I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins, and his grace and his mercy and his power, through him, I can achieve everlasting life… I think it’s very important to think that you do not have to have the same faith as me to be a moral person – there are a lot of Jewish people who are as moral, or more moral than I am, there are a lot of Muslims who are decent kind people. I don’t think they are any less children of God.”

No comments: