Friday, February 22, 2013

Tebow Cancels

Tim Tebow has decided not to speak at the First Baptist Church of Dallas. He was scheduled to take part in April services at the megachurch's new $130 million building. The church is pastored by Robert Jeffress, whose comments on other religions and homosexuality have drawn criticism. Tebow didn't explain his decision but did say in a press release:
While I was looking forward to sharing a message of hope and Christ's unconditional love with the faithful members of the historic First Baptist Church of Dallas in April, due to new information that has been brought to my attention, I have decided to cancel my upcoming appearance. I will continue to use the platform God has blessed me with to bring Faith, Hope and Love to all those needing a brighter day. Thank you for all of your love and support. God Bless!

No comments: